Hearing Aids Specialist Minneapolis
The most important thing you can do to protect your hearing is to stay out of noise! I know that is difficult to do because the world is a noisy place and you need to enjoy and live life!
It is all about hearing protection!
- Musicians – get a nice pair of custom musician molds with a 25 dB Attenuation filter.
- Hunters – get a custom hearing protection that can be attached to an amplifier that has a fast attack time so as not to amplify the gun fire.
- Concert goers – there are all kinds of hearing protection on the market for listening ot music. If you go to concerts often, invest in a pair of musician molds with 25 dB attenuators.
- Construction workers – A must for hearing protection!
- Work-out buffs – Turn it to the left (volume down)
- Jammin to your tunes via earbuds, beats, Bluetooth – turn it to the left (vol down)
Keep a distance from the noise sound source!
- If you do not have protection with you, move away! The further away the better as it cuts down on the direct line to your ears.
Maintain a Healthy life style!
- Eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables
- Exercise regularly
Caffeine, alcohol and other medications
- Too much is never a good thing
- Some medications are dangerous to hearing
If you are concerned that you have done some damage, come see us for a baseline hearing test. Sometimes damage may occur later and not at the event. We recommend a baseline hearing test as soon as you realize you have a risk factor.
Related Blog Posts
Here are some blogs that we have written that will give you more information to protect your hearing and why it is so important.